SOPHISTICATED PLEASURES


Strip of land - Comacchio (2019)


Each phase of the photographic process holds a different and always renewed pleasure. When I am out doing street photography, landscaping, or whatever, I totally dedicate myself to recording the multiple aspects of Manifestation, diving into the mission with my mind and heart, without any prejudice. The pleasure is right there, in observing the world without rules, without brakes, with the utmost respect for every living and wonderful thing.

In the subsequent processing phase, I do everything very instinctively. Also in this case I try not to be influenced by states of tension or who knows what expectations. The chromatic choice is something that happens almost automatically and only very rarely do I go back to my initial decisions.

Finally, there is the selection and presentation phase, which can happen through a simple post like this one here. The pleasure lies in returning for the third time to read an image, to rediscover the sensation that prompted me to collect it, and to infuse it new meaning with my words.

In the picturesque Comacchio, it was all too easy to be enchanted by the bright shapes and colors of the houses that are so reminiscent of Venice, but to this chromatic feast, I preferred a strip of land that well represents the marshy landscape around the town. I needed a little mystery to talk about the true pleasure of things, which when they are not obvious, easy and trivial, can give you strong emotions that last over time.

If in experiencing the world in a simple and humble way we can get closer to inner harmony, in seeking a more sophisticated experience we can find a different, deeper pleasure. There is absolutely nothing wrong with seeking more intense enjoyment if we do it in full awareness. In fact, being satisfied by Creation is the ultimate reason why we live.

Popular posts from this blog

URBAN DRAWINGS

MANNEQUINS: SOME READINGS

NORMAL PHOTOGRAPHY