RENEWAL

Macro on the balcony - Utrecht (2020)


The type of creativity that I pursue requires that I move steps into unexplored grounds. The results are never tied to external consent. Only if I pick a fruit of new and diversified sweetness, I have the absolute certainty of not having wasted my time. And this fruit does not necessarily have to be the product of the creative process, but it can very well be revealed as the experience of acquisition itself.

When I grab my camera, I abandon myself to the first rule of my creative goal, which is that of renewal. Whatever the object of my interest might be, I want the creative experience to be renewed in the light of each new day. I don't need to find unusual subjects or extraordinary shooting techniques, but I have to know how to see what surrounds me as if I were seeing it again for the first time, and as the first time I will have to transform it into an image.

Returning periodically to the same locations, confronting the same subjects, with the landscapes of everyday life that we now take for granted, is the creative exercise that requires the highest state of presence. What you can freeze on the sensor will not matter. It is essential to recognize the perceptual processing that takes place within us, and to do so we must create a beautiful void in which to let our experiences happen. We need to forget forms, names, ideas, associations, meanings, constructs, in short, we have to get rid of that superfluous knowledge and make room for a new experience, and possibly not to do it only once but twice, ten, twenty, a hundred.

In discovering the process of renewal, we uncover the secret of an uncontaminated experience, and in surrendering to it, we will let ourselves be amazed by the Divine.


Popular posts from this blog

NORMAL PHOTOGRAPHY

URBAN DRAWINGS

DWELL INTO REALITY